Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Best Buy is the Devil!

Ok so I am officially really, really, really pissed at Best Buy. We purchased our washer and dryer from them like 3 months ago. We delayed delivery until we were in our house, which was all fine and dandy. They delivered when they said they would, the only issue was they didn't have a stacking kit so they could be stacked. So as of now I can use my washer and dryer, but in a limited capacity because I cannot open the doors or soap compartment all the way. Fine I can deal with that for a while. I understand that things get back ordered and sometimes there are delays. What I cannot understand is why in the world nobody there can pick up the phone and freaking call me?? That is all that I have ever asked them to do for me. Update me, call me in a couple of days please. Is that hard?? NO!!! I have been promised delivery of the stacking kit 4 times now. All 4 times nobody every showed up, and nobody every called me. You know what that says to me, it says to me that they couldn't care less about my problem. I have been promised phone calls at least 20 times and have never gotten one. I have called them twice today and I can tell that the manager I have been talking to is avoiding me, he says he will call me back but I know better, he won't. The following paragraph is for the A-hole ALAN in appliances at the Best Buy in Sandy....

I DON'T LIKE BEING LIED TO!! I am not dumb, I know what you are doing mister. You are going to force me to be mean now. I don't want to be mean, I like to be understanding when there are problems, I know what retail is like. BUT IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE DECENCY TO CALL ME WHEN YOU PERSONALLY PROMISED ME THAT YOU WOULD, THAT IS JUST DISRESPECTFUL!! You are a manager, stop blaming the problems on others and take care of it for me, that is what you are paid to do. I am not above calling your district manager, DON'T MAKE ME DO IT!! I AM COMING TO MAKE A SCENE AT YOUR STORE TOMORROW IF YOU DON'T CALL ME TONIGHT!! Nobody wants to see an extremely pregnant woman crying, and I will bust out the tears....I will. I won't feel bad either because you brought it on yourself, I gave you more than enough chances.

Ok...better...I will have an update on how things are going with the house and Christmas sometime this week. Thanks again to all those who helped with the move and the painting, we couldn't have done it without you guys!!

2 comments:

Bob said...

You guys have a lot of snow up there. It was good to see you for your baby shower. I enjoy your vent blog. What ever happened to the whole washer/dryer fiasco? We hope to see you guys more often now that we live closer.

Jim said...

Lacey, you're awesome. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, we need more consumers like you. I'm not going to take these stores' crap lying down anymore, and I'm glad to see that you won't either.