Monday, February 05, 2007

Malcolm!!


Ok so apparently I am a bad monkey, I'm sorry I was so slow to get back on here and post some pics. I know a lot of you already know all the details, but a lot of you don't so here is the short version. I was scheduled to be induced on Friday the 26th at 8am. Thursday night I had contractions 7 minutes apart all night long, so needless to say I didn't sleep, but I was happy because that meant I didn't have to be induced...heh...wrong. When I got to the hospital all contractions stopped. They broke my water and we tried a couple of other things to get me going again...didn't work. So at noon we started the Pitocin. By 2pm I was at 7cm...and I stayed there for three hours. We decided that I was too tired to progress and that I needed an epidural to continue. By 11pm I was at 10cm and was ready to push. 2 and a half hours later the little guy finally came out. I was tired, the day was long, but it was all worth it. He was 8lbs 11oz, and 21 1/2 inches. He stayed strong the whole time and was never stressed so we were happy. We just know that he likes to do things at his own pace.

He is such a good baby. He hardly ever cries and even when he does it is only for a moment. He sleeps and eats great. He did get some jaundice but his levels were very low so we never had to put him under any lights. Thanks to those who came to visit us and to those who haven't seen him feel free to give me a call anytime...I'm always home! And without further ado here are the pics...enjoy!







1 comments:

Bob said...

Sorry that we didn't get a chance to visit. We've been pretty busy with our own new arrival. Once our babies are a little older (and RSV season is over) then we'll have to visit you guys and show off babies.