Tuesday, February 27, 2007

One Month Old!!

Well I can hardly believe that Malcolm is a month old today. It's funny, it seems like it was really fast, but at the same time it feels like he should be older. I almost feel like he has been with us forever already. Anyway I just wanted to put up some valentine photos as well as update you all on everything. Malcolm has been doing great, he is growing and eating and sleeping pretty well. I can get him to sleep for 5 hours at night already which is nice for me. It's just too bad that he insists on being awake until at least midnight, that's hard for Wyatt since he gets up at 6.

I have basically recovered from the birth and am back at my pre-pregnancy weight...yeah for me. Unfortunately I am having other problems instead. Nursing is not easy, it's getting better, just very slowly. Last Monday I got a breast infection so I have been on antibiotics. Wednesday night we all took a trip to the ER because I was having crushing stomach and back pain. It had happened a couple of times before but not as bad. Once there we found out that I have gall stones, about 15 of them. I don't know if that's a lot or not...anywho once you have gall stones they are really hard to get rid of and they usually just come back. So I am going to have my gall bladder removed at the end of next week. They say that it's very common for your gall bladder to go bad because of pregnancy, especially during the first two months after birth. The surgery is out patient and laparoscopic so it should be no big deal, but I will still freak out...lol. I don't have to have it out it's just that as of right now I can't eat any fats or spicy foods, or leafy foods...those all trigger gall bladder attacks. I also feel nautious all the time...so in a way I am excited to get it out so I can eat again. At least I will probably lose more weight...yeah!





0 comments: