Monday, November 24, 2008

YES!!

So the day has finally come...Malcolm has stopped freaking out when we drop him off at nursery. I knew it would happen one day if we just kept dropping him off and not taking him out or staying just because he was upset. He also didn't cry when we left him with a sitter on Thursday. He sat on the couch and waved goodbye instead. I thought I would be sad when he didn't care that I left but honestly I am not. I am so excited that he feels comfortable away from me that I don't have time to be sad. I can now do the things I need to do without worrying how long he screamed or if he will every stop crying. I love that he is growing up learning new things. Now I just need to muster up the strength to take the binky away next month and we will be all set.

2 comments:

kids taxi driver said...

congratulations, another milestone in mommy land. I still have kids in the nursery at church that cry the whole time even though they have been there forever. He is really a cutie.

Mars said...

Yay! Grats! I am proud of him! If only he would stop fearing the floor, he'd be a well-adjusted member of society...;)