Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Latest

So things have gone awry at our house. On Thursday we found out that the baby stopped growing 3 weeks ago. I know that this is not the best way to tell everybody but I don't know any other way to do it. We are very sad that we will not be welcoming our baby this summer. However we know that we will get our baby when the time is right. For now we are not going to tell Malcolm about it. All we told him before was that we were going to have a baby in long time. Being only 2 he has no idea what that means, and he will not really understand the fact that there isn't a baby there now. So if you hear him say something about a baby in mommy's tummy please just nod and smile. We plan on trying again as soon as my midwife gives the OK so hopefully we will still have a 2010 baby.

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

I am so sorry. Our thoughts and prayers are with you two.

Alicia said...

Lacey- I'm so sad to hear. I know words could never uplift your spirit right now. I'll be thinking of you.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Cindy said...

Lacey & Wyatt- We are so sorry to hear your news! Just wanted to let you know our thoughts are with you, and we will be keeping our fingers crossed for a new little Barrett in 2010!

firefilly said...

I'm sorry.. I love you guys and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dena said...

Lacey I'm so sorry! Sending tons of virtual hugs!

kids taxi driver said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss and I am sending hugs and prayers to you and your family. God knows your needs and he will provide for you, just leave it in his hands.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry :(

Big hugs to you. You're in my prayers.